Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ahhh... I'm awake now

After I got home from work last night, I slid under the covers for a nap... ahhh... a 10-hour nap works wonders!

I woke up really hungry... and totally bummed that I didn't do anything crafty yesterday. I was starving and craving pancakes. so I made pancakes. at 5 am. on a Tuesday morning. A work day at that.

Lookie here, lookie here.

Barry thought I was weird cos I'd actually use real potatoes to make stuff with (as in mashed potatoes - my fave). I didn't think it was weird at all. I love potatoes.
CONFESSION: Sometimes I take short cuts and use frozen fries, but they don't like when I do that. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Barry gave me this griddle for Christmas the second year we were together.
He was unsure how I would take it, but I LOVED it. I had been hinting I wanted one for the longest. He spent more than I would have spent.  And he got it on sale.  I think it was about $50.
I use it all the time.



I was doing pretty good.  I usually burn stuff when I've got a lot on the burners... and in the oven.

oops... well, I've already accepted the fact that I burn stuff. Every meal. it doesn't matter.



I did pretty good with the bacon this time... Thats usually the stuff that gets burned because I leave it in the oven too long.



So, here's my finished meal.
Yes, since I burn it, I usually go ahead and eat it.
but damn, it was goooooooood.





So. My question to you now is...


ARE YOU HUNGRY?

3 comments:

  1. I'm hungry, wish you would have thought about me this morning! You could have brought me pancakes and you would have made my day a little brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bacon and I haven't had breakfast yet - of course I'm hungry!!!

    I love those gnomes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. I'm coming by in the morning. That looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete